Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Fatigue (Colorado Pre-game #3)

This mini-playoff series is about to come to an end tonight. It's gut-check time, in a way -- can we win on the road in a series situation? We're almost in the home stretch and I think we'll need that #3 seed, and to do that we need to keep pace with the 'nucks. The pressure is on, and the team needs to come through in a big way tonight.

But will it be a bloodbath? I'm making a bold prediction that Godard gets the call for this game. Oh, it'll be fun to watch.

I'm not sure there's a point to much further discussion in the pre-game. I'm so bored of the Avs. We need more games against Toronto and Edmonton, lord knows we could use the easy points.

Perhaps a mildly offtopic tangent about the psychology of hockey fans. It's amazing to me how a day or so after the Bergeron trade, so many Oilers fans have found excuses for the flat-out stupid trade. While initially most people saw it as the bad trade it was, I'm seeing lots of bizarre reasoning to make it seem like a good trade. For example, "Bergeron was undrafted...so in reality we traded an undrafted player for a prospect, so it's not so bad!". Wow.

Tangential tangent: Huet is out for the season. Tough break for the Habs, I quite liked the guy despite him being, uh, je ne sais pas.

6 comments:

  1. godard should play so that someone can pummel brad may. MA bergeron might as well have been traded for a bag of pucks --but i never liked that guy anyways (just ask kyle). i say, everyone can use a bag of pucks, and a bag of pucks is less of a defensive liability... if the flames can win tonight (on the road), it will be the first of many... that's my call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh....not Brad May (though he may well deserve it)... it's Ossi Vaananen I have in mind.

    Reaction from the players via the press to his hit on Moss was less than civil, after all, and I can't blame them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if the flames can win tonight (on the road), it will be the first of many... that's my call.

    Big, BIG if.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a feeling that Phaneuf may try to take care of the Brad May situation himself tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meh, I'm not of the opinion MAB had a whole lot of value on the market. The Oilers have some other guys coming up and Tjarnqvist returing from injury, so I guess Lowe felt there wasn't any need to have him around anymore.

    Was it a great trade? No.
    Was it Reinprecht and Sauve for Leclerc and Boucher? No.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was it Reinprecht and Sauve for Leclerc and Boucher? No.

    Agreed. That was appallingly bad.

    ReplyDelete