Another should-win game tonight. Though I have to say, I don't have a good feeling about this one. (Wait, that sounds familiar)
For much of the same reasons as last time, too. This time add in that this is a road game, which needs no further clarification. Columbus has also historically given us some problems, likely because they historically play a game so boring that even the Flames players sleepwalk through the game.
What is potentially a redeeming feature is the total suckfest that was the end of the Chicago game. I think our boys will want to redeem themselves and prove they can be a dominant road team with the addition of Craig Conroy, too. He just has to stay out of the box, so he can be used on the PK...
On the brighter side:
- At least we're not the Oilers. 'nuff said.
- One point up on Vancouver with 2 games in hand. And Vancouver was even worse against Chicago, even though Chicago played the night before.
- The Chinless One is riding a lucky-number 13-game point streak. If he gets a point tonight, he breaks this season's current record that he currently shares with Ovechkin (who only recently stopped his at 13).
- Columbus is coming off a franchise-record 12th time being shut out in one season. Already. This bodes well for a Kiprusoff who in game situations is one of the best in the league.
- Columbus' powerplay is even worse than ours.
PS: Is Steve Montador still alive?
Edit: Noodles is getting the start. Guess they didn't like all of the traffic Kipper got last game.