Saturday, March 3, 2007

Saturday, Saturdaaaaay!

Who isn't looking forward to this?

Besides the obvious suspects, of course.

It's been a lovely week to be an anti-fan. I had no idea how prophetic I was going to be, when I invited a bunch of Calgary/Edmonton fans to my place for board games and pizza, when I mentioned we could also watch the game:

"Oh! Also, there's a Calgary/Edmonton game on the tube! What could possibly go wrong?"

What indeed?

Yes, it's a road game, but it's a Saturday night game, televised on HNIC. As I noted last week, this is a good sign, since the Evil Twins seem to like to mug up to the camera more than 13-year-olds wandering down Queen Street near the CityTV building.

It's no reason to take the Oilers lightly - they probably do want to score some goals at some time this week, but the advantage is definitely to Calgary at the moment.

I'm going to keep it short and sweet. We're coming in on a high, they're going in on a low. Kipper gets a better view of Rexall Place, and the only losing that happens to the good guys will be to me, as I get slaughtered playing board games.

3 comments:

  1. Oooo! Board games! I don't why I got so excited - I'm a sore loser.

    It's no reason to take the Oilers lightly - they probably do want to score some goals at some time this week, but the advantage is definitely to Calgary at the moment.

    Good point. Either the Oilers are going to be hungry to show they can win in the BoA without Smyth or the Flames are going to hand their sad asses on a platter. Eeek! Is that a prediction from me? I swore I would never make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hg, are you coming tonight? That would be way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, sorry, Dave. I just have a love/hate relationship with board games and it melted my brain. I meant to add something about hoping that Leanne can take her "slaughter" better than I ever could.

    ReplyDelete