Thursday, December 13, 2007

Back to the scene of the crime

Welll... last time we were headed into Tampa, we were either far more optimistic, or far more pessimistic, that's for sure...but, time passes, and that was what, nearly three seasons (and a fourth that never was) ago.

Does anybody know whether we won two whole games in a row last year? The good news is, we just did. The bad news is, it wasn't terribly convincing.

The beginning of last game looked good. Really good. And then... the heady joys of being in lush Miami must have got to them, because then they started way less good.

AND they scratched Nilson :(
(To make room for Yelle, but still...)

Fortunately for us, Kipper seems to have got back from summer vacation finally. Not so fortunate has been The Dion's recent drop in play - maybe he was all nervous about the premiere of Cabbie All-Stars (Yes. I watched that yesterday. Erm. That's a lot of man-love for just a half hour. Who knew he had trouble talking up the ladies? That's according to Iggy. I would never, ever, spread baseless rumours. Right?).

Well. Let's go with the tried and true. 4-1 Calgary. We bottle up Vinny, the Big 3 for Tampa bless their lucky stars we did not have #3 back then, and... the winning goal comes on an extended 10 min replay. Jammed in courtesy of Owen Nolan.

IT WAS (AND WILL BE) IN.

6 comments:

  1. Nilson was scratched to give the other guys time to step it up to match his level. It just wasn't fair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Kipper left for Christmas vacation already... ;D

    Actually, he played a good game tonight, despite what the scoreboard shows...

    15 goals... I haven't seen that in a looooooooong time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CAN'T BELIEVE I BENCHED HUSELIUS TONIGHT. OH MY GOD. I AM DYING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did play Ranger though. He was an impressive 0p -6 for me.

    ARGH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teeeheeeeeeheeeeee

    So Dave, about my assist total. Dion's 5 for the night should help...

    AND HE PLAYED for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was NOT happy. :(

    your boys ruined my boy's 3-assist night.... i cried. (no i didnt). hey, at least i was entertained.

    so was Bethany apparently. with you cheering me and groaning simultaneously. lol.

    ReplyDelete