Wednesday, February 6, 2008

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOYA

It's a bit more expensive than I wanted, but looks like we bagged Phaneuf for another 6 years. It's roughly $6.5 M/year according to all sorts of sources I haven't bothered to verify yet.

Overall? A bit more expensive than we probably want, but them's the prices...

As for Huselius/Langkow/Tanguay/10 other guys next year?

Sigh.

(Can I just add that Nilson played last night, and we won? I'm just saying)

Did I mention I think this is a touch expensive?

Update: TSN has the story here

6 comments:

  1. But Leanne! Don't you know the Flames can survive on a 4 man team!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. would've been more expensive to match an offer sheet, and daz pretty much said he would've anyways.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. walkinvisible has a point. You don't want of those nasty Dustin Penner-esque things on your hand either. Unpretty.

    And Dion? Pretty. A little eerily broody in that I-think-maybe-he's-looking-right-through-me kind of way. but congrats! I actually like seeing him crush people. It's thrilling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.
    mark this day on your calendar.

    not only did dion sign but he was also referred to as 'pretty.'

    wow !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah. I do think this is an awesome thing where we do avoid the offer sheet scenario (see the post title. I am excited. I really am). And five and a half years from now, we'll be laughing.

    But looking at the cap situation next year depresses me.

    I'll live though :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. now all you have to do is swap out conroy for regehr in the open ice hits banner, and you're good to go for years to come !!!

    ReplyDelete