Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Open Ice Hits Olympics: BMX

All year we focus on figuring out which teams will be contenders, will lead in their division, will clamber out on top.

Readers of this blog will know we're not necessarily all about that.

Tonight I'm interested in the train wrecks, the crashes, the potential gong shows.

Calgary: I'm not going to dwell on this. We're going to have a great year, what with key additions to the roster like Todd Bertuzzi, Brandon Prust, and Andre Roy!

Toronto: I'm just going to laugh. Is that ok?

Vancouver: The one team in the NW that makes me feel better. Their frenzied pursuit of Mats Sundin kept a quiet summer from becoming completely dull.

Florida: Does anybody understand what the hell is happening down there? Of course, they'll be a powerhouse and the most fearsome team in the SE after Bryan McCabe gets shipped down there, as is rumoured to happen. I'm... sure.

Nashville: I suspect the Radulov drama is the tip of the iceberg. They'll need to have somebody who can replace the scoring potential of Radulov (dammit! I was going to pick him up this year for various fantasy leagues...), and to do that, well, they'll have to figure out what part of their team to swap out. I suggest a young, hot D-man, they seem to be awash in those.

Buffalo: I'm sure matching that offer sheet for Vanek seemed like a good idea at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment